Thursday, October 07, 2004

Updates on the Big Brother Incident

Apparently, I am not the only person of color being persecuted for clicking pictures in the land of the free. Agent Starling's (I love that pseudonym. Don't you?) visit to my office did generate some interest from other graduate students in the Brown CS Dept. One of them told me about Ian Spears, some guy in the Seattle area, who was pulled up for clicking pictures of a local tourist spot for one of his photography assignments. An account of his run in with the law is here and his blog is here.

Oh, and yeah, I am meeting with Agent Starling today afternoon. I can't wait to see how the inquisition goes. I have a few questions of my own for her...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do tell us what the latest meeting is about and, in case you don't "disappear", how it went.

Anonymous said...

weird. my RSS reader indicated that this blog entry was published yesterday. i was wondering why would the agent want to meet you again. it seems that I was mistaken.

Allen N said...

Grreat blog I enjoyed reading